Looking for something?

Friday, January 21, 2011

Is it really possible to train a cat to use a human toilet?

I watched the film 'Meet the Fockers' several years ago, it was my first time to see a cat use a human toilet. I thought initially it was pretty amazing...now my opinion may be changing.

Have you ever heard of a product called Litter Kwitter? heres the promotional video if you wish to know what I'm ranting on about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3K6whhsTjA

The litter kwitter claims that you can train your cat in just 8 weeks (or less)...to use your toilet. It comprises of 3 stages.

Currently my cat is on the first stage. The red stage. Since starting 2 days ago he has pooed once on the litter kwitter just because I was there to move him onto the litter, and once he has peed on my pillow. I am slightly concerned by this behaviour, and having read many blogs on the subject, have only managed  to become more concerned. My question is has anyone really used this and it worked for them? it seems a very stressful experience and me and my cat are only just into the 2nd day. It seems that the Litter Kwitter so far is only encouraging bad behaviour in my cat, and resulting in bad toilet manners.

I will keep trying in hope that Tora gets used to using the contraption...and keep updating on here how it's going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Meow